A software development company or firm nowadays has to use the latest trends in software tools and methodologies in order to stay ahead of the competition. Developing software continues to be a very important aspect in different fields and has created a great niche in the software industry. One of the tools that are used at present is the Fitrix ERP Developer’s Toolkit. It is an advanced RAD or Rapid Application Development app workbench. It enables developers to design an app and get a computer to generate code in order to create it.
The process minimizes costs, lessens the time of development and ensures superior design consistency. The toolkit ascertains that all programs are created in a standardized manner. Moreover, it also automates a lot of the programming process and considerably reduces the costs and time related with improving and maintaining software in time. The toolkit begins with a library of reusable parts. A developer could define app changes to the standard Fitrix product and the toolkit will generate the tailored app. Its powerful 4GL environment could make any business-logic additions. The whole suite of the software apps is designed to enable complete customization of software that ensures forward compatibility with future releases.
What makes the developer’s toolkit different is that the new code additions could also be part of the app library. Meaning that in later code versions, additions could be reused. Moreover, it also means that one could redefine the app by changing specification parts. The system plugs in a logic where it belongs in a new code version. This enables one to use the Toolkit for maintain code without losing manual additions. The Toolkit includes form painter, menu generator and report generator. The tools enable a technical person to learn to modify any screens or business processes fast.
The Form Painter enables the development of data-entry forms or screens. It’s an interactive visual front-end that feature a full-screen form editor, point and shoot selection capacities from the database definition and a boxed definition dialog. The Menu Generator allows using menus to develop a feature-rich user interface app easily and control access of program for all groups and users. Moreover, it also creates help text, enables creating audit trail and supports hidden menu options for sensitive areas as well. The Report Generator is a tool that produces a report that takes in image of the report and generates a 4GL code to make the report code for programs required.
Also included in the Fitrix ERP complete is full apps source code. It provides self-sufficiency and peace of mind to have complete control over future business apps. It is thoroughly customizable app architecture means that Fitrix could well be the last back-office system one would purchase. The Fitrix suite is mature and a solid product that is proven over the years by small and medium companies. Furthermore, the apps are industrial-strength solutions engineered to perform daily with less maintenance. Its low cost characteristics make the toolkit the perfect choice for companies.
Deploying an ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning system is a costly proposition, not only in terms of licensing fees and maintenance but also in terms of dedicated time and resources. And yet, most often, business organizations are dazzled by the promise of the vendor, that is to deploy the framework and the business would instantly run smoother and boost profits. However, this is not always the case. That is why it is very important for any organization planning to integrate the software to determine the top five mistakes that should be avoided.
The following are the mistakes to be avoided when choosing an Enterprise Resource Planning framework.
1. Not knowing what the company truly needs in the software. For any organization, it is paramount to take the time to understand what it truly needs before plunging ahead. To start with, it should determine whether it requires a fully integrated package or best-of-breed freeware. Often, this would depend on the problems one is trying to solve or the chances one is trying to capture and the structure and size of the firm as well. This kind of package would enable streamlining the processes and achieve enhanced productivity at a lower cost and lesser resources.
2. Not selecting the most qualified ERP vendor. When searching for an ERP package, choosing the right vendor could make a difference between a successful implementation and ending up with a system that falls short on meeting business requirements. One of the most common mistakes in choosing a vendor is choosing one who does not know the client business. Settling for a partner with in-depth understanding of the industry could help achieve a more rapid deployment, more cost-effective and more efficient. Service providers who are not in synchronization with where one’s industry is heading should be avoided.
3. Failure to recognize the uniqueness of the business. Every industry is unique and lack of industry specialized capacities within the software is a common cause for failure of ERP implementation. An organization should refrain from selecting a program that limits the firm’s capabilities and growth. It should enhance the enterprise and not hinder it. Moreover, it should have specialized capabilities necessary for addressing all company needs. By opting for a solution that is specialized for one’s industry, one is able to acquire a specific targeted solution to meet unique enterprise requirements.
4. Not giving the software implementation the attention it requires. A common issue during ERP implementation is the lack of a committed project manager on the customer’s end. Majority of successful implementations happen when the client’s project manager dedicates eighty to ninety percent of their time for implementing the project. Lack of support and commitment from the top is another area where organizations fall short. A robust commitment from the top would flow through the firm to make implementing the new package a success.
5. Not investing in the enterprise resource planning software for the long term. A company should be realistic about perceptions of cost and expectations when selecting a solution. While hard dollars spent are vital, the key is choosing the right package and the right vendor who would provide an effective and fast implementation, high ROI and low TCO after implementing the process.